Friday, September 03, 2004

looks like a grape...

has lodged itself underneath my big right toenail. see, i was wearing some comfortable (or so i thought) shoes earlier this week...that inevitably cramped my feet. these are shoes that i took to Spain for three weeks; i think i should retire them. i guess i just thought i had a few good miles in 'em. ah well.

of course, wearing those shoes didn't send me over the edge though. it was wearing my old volleyball shoes for a few matches later that night. i may have already mentioned that i resorted back to wearing shoes (first summer in 17 years) for outdoor games, in an effort to alleviate my ailing right knee and hamstrings.

initially, i thought that i had just sprained them a bit. ha! when the bruise underneath the nail appeared...i knew otherwise.

right now, i am on my second warm epsom salt soak. i'm hoping that a couple soaks will help the blood flow and cleanse some of the icky stuff that has come up. if anything, it's nice to get a 20-minute footie soak, ain't it? footie soaks are not taken seriously enough, if you ask me ;)

so, pass another seedless...

No comments: