Monday, May 23, 2005

yucky...

as of late, i've been abusing my contact lens use. yep. nothing like poor upkeep to tempt bacteria and other goodies into my eyes.

last tuesday, i noticed a bit of redness in my left eye and took it as a sign to take out my contacts...and leave 'em out for a bit. well, over the course of three or four days, my eye reddened and subsided...and my vision worsened to the point of a weird blindness - liken it to looking through a piece of wax paper. NOT GOOD.

after getting a hold of some antibiotic eye drops i obtained from the opthamologist, i made an appointment with my acupuncturist. after suffering through a bout of labyrinthitis in 1996, i've always made a point to consult my acupuncturist when western medicine didn't help. and the pills they gave me only worked for two days...

so...i was a human pin cushion on my left side this afternoon. a couple needles in my foot...a few in my arm...three in my neck...and two in my eyebrow. that's not the yucky part though.

nope.

the yucky part is the powdered herbs that i'm supposed to dissolve in two oz. of water, twice a day. ewww. never pleasant tasting, but always effective.

ya see, puttin' needles in ya and drinking foul tasting herbs usually go hand in hand when it comes to chinese medicine. the needles start the healing process and the herbs accelerates it. now, both aren't always necessary, but this time it was.

so i get another dose tonight and maybe eight more after that. oh joy.

happy drinkin'

...GAG!

No comments: