Friday, August 26, 2005

so...

freakin' sore. not having played v-ball in ten months has reared its ugly head and is kicking my ass (and the rest of my body) right now. joint pain everywhere. my legs hurt so bad that simply getting out of a chair is a chore. going up and down stairs is sheer adventure. and driving? imagine me having to lift my leg w/ my hand to get switch from accelerator to brakes. oh yeah, i'm just an accident waiting to happen.

so in my self-inflicted misery, i've missed out on a sneak peek of the soon-to-be open Newton Auditorium. the company for which Lois and Susie work, PCL Construction, has been renovating the old Auditorium Arena for the past two years. i heard the job cost around $90 million...wonder how much PCL gets.

anyway, the sneak peek tonight is a concert to test the acoustics; the venue is going to be a world class level opera house. lois told me that it was a sold out soiree - 2200 people in attendance. i'm just gonna hafta hear all the details seconhand...sigh. still, it's better than going and being a party pooper...'course, the alcohol would probably help heh.

No comments: