Sunday, March 26, 2006

they went...


i forgot to mention that friday night, my mother and sister attended a taping of it. i had no idea that pat and vanna film a whole season of shows in 39 days. must be hectic...but nice to get it all done in a couple months.

it's funny. my mother had mentioned to me a month ago that she wanted to get some tix to the taping...and that it was my job to get it. "It would make me so happy," she said. sure sounded like an obligation (or threat) to me. i didn't mind that it was an obligation. the only threat though, was that i might have to attend the taping with her. THAT was giving me the creeps. it's one thing to watch game shows, but another to actually be in the audience of one. i just don't find that very appealing.

at first, i found out that all the allotted tix that channel 7 had were totally gone and that we had to send a S.A.S.E. to california for a 'random' drawing. if there were a total of 20,000 tickets available, i shudder to think that the demand would be greater than that ;) surprisingly, four tix came in the mail a week ago and it was a go. and luckily, my sister took my mom and gave the other pair (of tix) to a co-worker. therefore, my primary job friday night was to hang out with dad and slowly veg in front of the tube w/ movies like 'Cadillac Man' and 'The Pledge'.

No comments: