Wednesday, May 03, 2006

argh...

played ball on sunday. nothing great, but got some cobwebs out. some soreness for a couple days...

played ball yesterday...things were coming along. my passing was straightening out...my spikes were getting harder...i jammed the fuck outta my toe...DAMMIT!



wasn't this big toe...



nor this one...


must be this one then. luckily, the picture isn't of my foot (my feet ain't ugly nor hairy)...but you get the idea.

yes, i sprained my big right toe coming down off a block. it's surreal for me because in the 19 years i've played v-ball, i've only sprained my toes only once or twice. usually, it means icing and soaking...and still playing, but not barefoot for awhile.

i may be out of commission for a month from the looks of this one though. the edema is pretty pronounced around the metatarsal. and since this is the toe that swelled up in a goutlike way last year, around the time of my uveitis diagnosis, who knows how long it's gonna be; it never felt "normal" even after the swelling subsided at the beginning of this year.

doublefukkinargh!

btw, the seemingly out of place photos are brought up if you do a yahooo image search on big toe. apparently, that's the guitarist of big toe and there's a japanese body builder (who's doing some 'roids) named big toe.

funny...

1 comment:

cb said...

Ow.
And that's just from all the big words in your post. Edema. Metatarsal. Uveitis. Ow. My head hurts.