Thursday, December 18, 2003

Love...

i heard the following song in a recent TV commercial. was it Target? anyway, it's one of my favorite songs...and one that i hadn't heard in almost a year. so what did i do? i ran downstairs and played it...oh...30 times (?!?) yep, you can either sing along with me or run screaming from the room.

Love...
Love will keep us together
Think of me babe whenever
Some sweet talkin' girl comes along, singin' a song
Don't mess around, you just gotta be strong
Just stop, 'cause I really love you
Stop, I'll be thinkin' of you
Look in my heart and let love keep us together

You...
You belong to me now
Ain't gonna set you free now
When those girls start hanging around, talking me down
Hear with your heart and you won't hear a sound
Just stop, 'cause I really love you
Stop, I'll be thinkin' of you
Look in my heart and let love keep us together

Whatever...

Young and beautiful
But someday your looks will be gone
When the others turn you off
Who'll be turning you on

I will, I will, I will,
I will...be there to share forever
Love will keep us together
I've said it before and I'll say it again while others pretend
And I need ya now and I need ya then
Stop 'cause I really love you
Stop I'll be thinking of you
Look in my heart and let love keep us together

Whatever...

I will, I will, I will, I will...

You'd better stop 'cause I really love you
Stop, I'll be thinking of you
Look in my heart and let love keep us together

Whatever

I will, I will, I will, I will...

da-da-da-da, da-da-da-da...

okay, now that i got that out of my system...hey, ANYTHING is better than the 12 Days of Christmas.

i have an odd habit of playing a song over and over sometimes when the mood strikes. usually, i'll be sitting at the computer with the headphones on when i get the urge.

once though, when i was about 11 or 12, i had the turntable on return and played an ELO (Electric Light Orchestra) song, Nightrider (from the Face the Music album) maybe a good fifteen times in a row...and i didn't have any headphones on. 15 times? well, yeah. bad thing is that i had fallen asleep near the stereo after the second time...worse is that my sister was talking on the phone in the kitchen AND SHE ENDURED THE WHOLE HOUR OF THE SONG, thinking "wotdafuk is he doing...god, how many times can he listen to this damn song?!?" to this very day, she can't stand the song heh

my sister isn't so innocent though. about four years later, when she was a freshman at CU-Boulder, she had been blasting AC/DC's Back in Black on her wittle record player before leaving for class. thing is, she left it on automatic return... her dorm neighbors had to listen to it for, ahem, FOUR hours until she returned from class; she was nearly lynched ;) they were just about ready to either break the window to kill the thing.

chinese water torture? nah. we got our albums...muwha-ha-ha

btw, how can you not like 'Love Will Keep Us Together'? it was the biggest song of 1975...#1 for four weeks...stayed in the Top 40 for 16 weeks...and sold more than 500,000 copies...what more could you ask for? besides a bullet...

No comments: