Tuesday, October 07, 2003

all this talk about teeth...

has me squirmy. i'm not one who fears going to the dentist; i have had my share of dental work done in my life (braces, gum surgery, root canals, crowns). in fact, i had to have all but two of my baby teeth pulled by the dentist because of my extremely long roots. the last root canal i had done, my dentist said that molar root almost ate the drill he was using; he only had about 2 mm. extra to hold (onto).

still, you guys are talking about losing permanent teeth...which scares me to death. i shudder at the thought of having implants or missing teeth. it's not the cosmetic aspect of it, just the potential problems later in life (i.e., tooth shifting, bone loss).

i'm glad that you're all taking care of it though. tooth pain and icky tastes in my mouth due to dental problems are no fun :(

No comments: